Delphi 2 stars hotels


the city of Delphi

The modern city of Delphi is located 300m west of the archeological site of the Sanctuary of Apollo. It was founded with the relocation of the inhabitants of the original village of Delphi named Kastri, built right on the archeological site, in 1892. The settlement extends on an East-West axis and is amphitheatrically built on the slope of mount Parnassos at an altitude of 410 - 520m.

It consists of two main one-way roads that meet at both ends of the village. Vas. Pavlou and Friederikis street heading East (towards Arachova, Livadia, Thebes, Athens) while Apollonos Street leads to the West (Chrisso, Amfissa and Bralos, Itea, Galaxidi, Nafpaktos, Antirio). The city offers the visitors accommodation, food and entertainment in combination with the archeological sites of Delphi, the Archaeological Museum, but also with modern cultural activities as it is the seat of the European Cultural Center of Delphi and hosts the Delphic Festival Sikelianos Museum.